These are general descriptions, but please come to the trainings because duties evolve from year to year?
- PRODUCTION ASSISTANTS: Some venues need a logistically minded person to assist with keeping the shows on schedule. This may include helping bands load-in, keeping track of time, and helping bands with questions they may have.
- DOOR PEOPLE: We are looking for people to assist at the door, you will be looking for wristbands at every venue. A few of the venues will be selling wristbands (you must have previous FoCoMX door experience for these venues) YOU WILL NOT BE CHECKING IDS.
- EMCEES: Not shy? Know some good jokes? Have the inside scoop on a local band? This may be the perfect job for you. We're looking for one person on each stage to announce the bands, give shout outs to the sponsors, and do the occasional giveaway. Emcees will also be asked to assist the door person between announcements.
- FLOATERS/RUNNERS: We will have floaters/runners scheduled including some who are mobile and able to travel around town as needed. Runners will be on their feet all night and need to remain mobile and alert. Wear clothing that is weather appropriate. Floaters may be asked to replace any other festival volunteer who called in sick, for example. You might emcee, or check wristbands at any of the venues.
- FoCoMX PREP: The week of the festival we will need help getting it all together. Admin and strong organizational skills are helpful. These shifts are longer than other shifts, but they will allow you to see all of the festival! There are a limited number available, so if you want one, sign up for it soon!