FAQs - Volunteers
Well, if you're 18 or over and volunteer for one or more shifts (4+ hours) and attend one training, the benefits to YOU are that you get: a FREE wristband for FoCoMX ($30-$40 value), and a delightfully soft and sexy volunteer t-shirt. But we truly believe the benefits go beyond that. You become part of the fabric of the Fort Collins Musicians Association community, a community dedicated to the mission of supporting our local talent above all else. We literally CAN NOT do this festival without you, and as we all know, local bands don't become national bands without strong grassroots support.
Sign up online NOW! Grab your shift early for the best choice. Some shifts become yours right away, some require supervisor approval.... For approval-required shifts, we'll email you. Keep scrolling down in the FAQ if you need more detailed sign-up steps. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The following instructions apply any time after the lineup has launched.
Things should be mostly the same whether you're on a PC, Mac, tablet or phone. Here are the basic steps:
- Start on the Volunteer page (THE HEROES).
- If you're not signed in, you will see a top banner that says "Join the FoCoMX volunteer army!"
- Sign in. Click Step 1: Log in or create a new user account. Some data gets purged from year to year. First try resetting your password, and if we can't find a login for you, you may need to create another account.
- You might WANT to start browsing shifts, but don't just yet! Make sure return to the Heroes main page, and complete Step 2: Set up your volunteer profile. Fill out the short form with your name, email, phone and t-shirt size. If you skip this step, you can SEE available shifts, but you won't get the Sign Up button.
- Click Step 3: Sign up for a shift! You'll see the list of available volunteer shifts under The Heroes > Volunteer Opportunities.
- Click to read the description of a shift, and if the requirements work for you, scroll to the bottom. If you've done steps 1 and 2 above, you will see a Sign Up link. Click it! One more confirmation screen and you're done.
- You should get an automated email confirming your sign-up. Some positions are yours right away, some require supervisor approval. The shift description as well as the email you get will tell you which kind you selected.
That should be all! Can you sign up for more than one shift? You bet! Can you manage any approved shifts online? Yes, as long as you signed up online and were approved, manage shifts using your login! If you get to the list of shifts from somewhere else on the site, will the system still know if you're logged in or if you filled out your volunteer form? Yup. If you're still having a bad technology day, will anybody help you? Sure! Email email@example.com and we'll get back to you. Might be right away, might be a day or two. Life can get busy. Thanks for being there for the music!
Read your CONFIRMATION EMAIL carefully. There are two kinds of positions available on the website: No-approval-required, and approval-required.
If you sign up for a no-approval-required shift, IT'S YOURS and we'll be expecting to see you at one of our pre-festival trainings. Please put us in your calendar, because we really, really need you!!
If you sign up for an approval-required shift (On the schedule, it will have said: "This position requires approval by our Volunteer Coordinator. Please apply below by clicking "Sign Up!" and we will be in touch soon.") Give us up to 72 hours to catch our breath and we'll either call you with additional questions or approve you! Either way, we will let you know when we are OFFICIAL. Thank you!!
(There are also a few positions that we schedule behind the scenes, reserved for sponsors, partners and board members, but those require direct communication between you and firstname.lastname@example.org).
FoCoMX 2020 volunteer trainings were held as follows:
If you are enrolling after the trainings, please respond to your enrollment auto-email (to email@example.com) to confirm your interest / commitment, and ask any questions you did not find the answers to in this FAQ. Our volunteer coordinator may call you. You will have to plan to get to Volunteer HQ (Visit Fort Collins) even earlier than normal to complete your waiver, get your shirt, and ask any questions.
2019 Volunteer Headquarters (VHQ) are at Visit Fort Collins (on Mountain Ave. just East of Social), in Old Town. Please come about 30 minutes IN ADVANCE of your shift start time. At this time you will check in for your shift, possibly grab the venue tub for your shift, and get your wristband.
Also, if you are working Saturday but want to see bands on Friday, you will come to headquarters (Visit Fort Collins) on Friday to get your wristband early. If this is the case, you must leave a $20 deposit which you can get back from us on Saturday.
For volunteers with a Saturday shift who want to pick up their wristband on Friday to see music, we require a $20 deposit when you pick your wristband up at Volunteer HQ/Spaces. When you check in Saturday, your cash deposit will be returned to you.